- Major Resource Recovery Infrastructure
- Resource Recovery Facilities Expansion and Enhancement
- Organics Infrastructure (Large and Small, Streams 1, 2 & 3)
- Landfill Consolidation and Environmental Improvements (Streams 1 & 2)
Available on request, these advisory services provide council and private grant recipients with guidance, coaching, and critical feedback on procurement processes and documents. Grant recipients may also use the advice to help them overcome project challenges or issues.
- Read a brochure about the EPA's Infrastructure Advisory Services (PDF 237KB), including stories of those who have used this advice.
What issues can this advice address?
The EPA's Infrastructure Advisory Services can support grant recipients on a wide range of issues, including but not limited to
- landfill – advice on planned environmental improvements, design and site layout
- conversion of small landfills into transfer stations – advice on design and site layout
- transfer stations – advice on design, site layout and traffic management
- landfill closure – advice on how to prepare or review a site closure plan
- weighbridges – advice on design, installation and traffic management issues
- incorporation of community recycling centres or other infrastructure – advice on scope, design and site layout
Types of advisory services
The advisory services available include
- procurement, economic and financial – peer review of planning approaches, or critical review of project timelines and risk plans
- planning and licensing – guidance on environmental protection licensing or development application procedures, or assistance in overcoming unforeseen planning and licensing issues
- technical and engineering – review of the design of infrastructure and civil works, or advice on equipment purchasing
- compliance – advice to ensure compliance with legislative and policy requirements
- general/other – advice to overcome particularly challenging problems that require additional assistance or do not fall within the categories listed above
- Complete the 'Advisory services for councils advice request form' (DOC 52KB).
- Email the form to email@example.com
- Be specific about the support you need.
- Note that the time taken by contractors to review your requests and project documents will be included in the total contractor hours you may be provided.
The EPA will review advice requests, and notify you if your request is approved. Hours available are subject to EPA review.
For more information on the EPA's Infrastructure Advisory Services, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org