The Local Government Strategic Waste Action Plan (LGSWAP) Tool is a Microsoft Excel-based software application that helps councils analyse and predict waste generated and waste diverted from landfill.
Download the tool
- Local Government Strategic Waste Action Plan Tool (ZIP 921KB)
- Instructional brochure for the tool (PDF 358KB)
Use the tool to analyse council waste data
Councils can use the tool to
- collate their waste data
- analyse their current waste performance
- identify areas for improvement
- predict changes that would result if a council modifies its waste systems and practices
You can use generic data or, for more tailored and accurate results, use specific data from your waste audits.
Evaluate waste action plans
The LGSWAP Tool is also useful for council's planning purposes. You can use the tool to
- help develop a new waste action plan
- evaluate an existing plan