Category: Waste and Recycling Infrastructure Fund
Amounts: Individual grants of
- $1 million to $5 million for private sector and not-for-profit organisations
- $1 million to $10 million for councils.
Grants can cover up to 50 per cent of project capital costs. Councils that are eligible under the Special Consideration clause may be funded up to 75% of the capital costs.
Eligible bodies: Councils, industry, business and not-for profit organisations
Contact: (02) 9995 6179 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Round 4 grant recipients were announced on 19 December 2019. See the grant recipients on the NSW Environmental Trust website
Managed by: NSW Environmental Trust
This program is aimed at accelerating and stimulating investment in waste and recycling infrastructure to help meet the NSW 2021 recycling targets.
The program is designed to fund major resource recovery facilities that can increase recycling of waste materials from households and businesses in a cost-effective manner.
Priority will be given to proposals that focus on
- recovery of recyclables from sorted and unsorted waste from business and households
- reuse, recycling and reprocessing of recyclable materials from business and households such as plastics, timber, paper, cardboard, consumer packaging and tyres
- processing, stabilisation and energy recovery from residual business and household waste
How to apply for grants
Guidelines and application forms can be viewed on the NSW Environmental Trust website.
Grant recipients from Rounds 1 to 4 can be viewed on the NSW Environmental Trust website.