Waste transfer stations link solid waste collection programs with community recycling centres and waste disposal facilities. These transfer stations play an important role in a community's waste management system by providing an effective way to consolidate and manage recyclables and waste.
The 'Handbook for the design and operation of rural and regional transfer stations' provides
- real-life examples of existing facilities
- innovative and practical solutions adopted by rural and regional councils
- examples of current and future waste transfer station designs
- Part 1 – Design and operation; sections 1-11 (PDF 370KB)
- Part 2 – Case studies; sections 12-24 (PDF 968KB)
- Part 3 – Case studies continued; sections 25-38 (PDF 1.3MB)