- Acts administered by the EPA provides links to the full text and summaries of the legislation the EPA administers.
- What's new in law lists recent changes to the environmental laws administered by the EPA.
- The Protection of the Environment Legislation Amendment Act 2011 page details the new requirements for reporting and managing pollution incidents.
- The review of the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 page details the review process and the resulting amendments which commenced in 2006.
- The EPA Prosecution Guidelines set out the factors that the EPA takes into account when deciding whether, how and in what court, to prosecute those who offend against NSW environment protection legislation, and whether to seek certain sentencing options.
- The EPA Compliance Policy summarises the agency's approach to compliance and enforcement. It explains how the EPA undertakes activities that achieve compliance and drive improved environmental performance.
- Find more information on environmental notices and other regulatory documents, including guidelines and approved methods.
- Find more information on increases to penalty notice amounts.
Legislation and compliance
The Environment Protection Authority (EPA) has responsibilities and powers under a range of NSW environmental legislation.