E-RAMP (Environmental Risk Assessment and Mitigation Package) is a Microsoft Excel database tool developed by the EPA in consultation with local council waste managers across rural and regional NSW. E-RAMP is now in its fourth version.
What E-RAMP does
E-RAMP assists operators of small waste facilities to undertake objective, site-specific assessments of current operating conditions and associated environmental risks. E-RAMP also assesses potential measures to treat these risks.
E-RAMP risk calculations consider
- sensitivity of the surrounding environment
- types and quantities of wastes received, stored and disposed of at the facility
- presence or absence of management controls at the facility
- measures to minimise the likelihood of emissions to the environment
E-RAMP follows the risk management process covered by Standards Australia in AS/NZS 4360:2004.
E-RAMP consists of 2 parts
- The E-RAMP manual (PDF 645KB) contains information about E-RAMP, its risk management processes, background information you need to supply, and how you can get started using the tool.
- The E-RAMP Assessment Tool 2023 (XLSM 1.1MB) helps you complete a series of questions and then generates a risk assessment based on standard risk management indicators. E-RAMP links to various external sources of environmental information to help you complete the assessment. Users are encouraged to answer all questions and the assessments are based on site specific and background information inputted by users.
- Users can undertake unlimited risk assessment which can be saved independently for each facility. The assessment tool is not a live document, and the EPA cannot view the inputs or access the risk assessment results.
For more information about E-RAMP, email Localgovernment.firstname.lastname@example.org.