E-RAMP (Environmental Risk Assessment and Mitigation Package) is a Microsoft Excel database tool developed by the EPA in consultation with local council waste managers across rural and regional NSW.
What E-RAMP does
Now in its second version, E-RAMP assists operators of small waste facilities to undertake objective, site-specific assessments of current operating conditions and associated environmental risks. E-RAMP also assesses potential measures to treat these risks. These assessments are based on background information you provide.
E-RAMP risk calculations consider
- sensitivity of the surrounding environment
- types and quantities of wastes received, stored and disposed of at the facility
- presence or absence of management controls at the facility
- measures to minimise the likelihood of emissions to the environment
E-RAMP follows the risk management process covered by Standards Australia in AS/NZS 4360:2004.
E-RAMP consists of 2 parts
- The E-RAMP manual (PDF 645KB) contains information about E-RAMP, its risk management processes, background information you need to supply, and how you can get started using the tool.
- The E-RAMP Assessment Tool (XLSM 1.1MB) helps you complete a series of questions and then generates a risk assessment based on standard risk management indicators. E-RAMP links to various external sources of environmental information to help you complete the assessment. Users are encouraged to answer all questions. (E-RAMP default answers are the highest-risk conditions; these defaults result in a report that indicates a high level of environmental risk at a facility.)