- Boosting recycling and regional collaboration for waste management.
- Grants to boost investment in waste and recycling infrastructure, and support innovative solutions to recycling through research and development.
- Funding for consolidation, closure and environmental improvement.
- Grants to keep food and garden waste out of landfill.
- Funding household chemical and problem waste drop off services.
- Advice, networking and equipment to reduce waste and recycle more.
- Support for education, capacity building, prevention and enforcement.
- Targeting hotspots and the most-littered
Alternative Waste Technology Transition Package Grants
These grants are in addition to Waste Less Recycle More and support the alternative waste technology industry and local councils directly impacted by the 2018 EPA revocation of resource recovery orders and exemptions allowing application of mixed waste organic outputs to land.
- Supporting councils to collect more kerbside organics waste.
- To fund infrastructure and equipment to reduce food and garden organics waste going to landfill.
- Supporting eligible councils to provide sustainable, reliable and affordable kerbside services to their communities
- Support eligible AWT owners and operators in NSW in the development of new products or end markets for general waste in NSW
Browse grant programs by sector.