Are you a worker from interstate? From 1 December 2022, if you hold a valid and current radiation user licence in another state or territory (besides Queensland), you may be entitled to work in NSW under automatic mutual recognition (AMR). If eligible for AMR, you may no longer need to apply for, or renew, a NSW radiation user licence but will need to notify the EPA of your intention to work in NSW.
Find out more about automatic mutual recognition and if you are eligible.
Apply for a Radiation User Licence
To complete an application you will need the following
- Your personal details, full name, address and contact information.
- Contact person details, if the contact is to be someone other than the applicant.
- The licence condition(s) you wish to apply for Information on condition criteria can be found on the Licensing criteria page.
- Details of any relevant qualifications or professional memberships or affiliations, including certified electronic copies of these documents.
- If applying for a licence under the mutual recognition scheme, you must supply an electronic copy of your current interstate licence and the relevant statutory declaration (PDF 55KB).
- Details of any sources you require to use, including the activity of the source.
- Details of any apparatus you require to use.
- Information to allow you to complete the fit and proper person declaration
- Your payment details. The fastest and easiest way for an application to be processed is by credit card, which includes a surcharge of 0.4%.
Renew a Radiation User Licence
Licence renewals can be made online up to 60 days after the expiry of an existing radiation user licence using eConnect EPA.
You will need
- your licence number, licence expiry date and renewal code, which will all have been sent to you with your renewal notice
- your email details
- information to allow you to complete the fit and proper person declaration
- payment information
If your email address does not match the one attached to your licence in our licensing system you must contact the EPA to confirm your new email address.
If you need to change or vary your licence you will need to do this before renewing your licence.Renew your Radiation user licence
Change contact details
eConnect allows you to change your details including your address, phone number and email. You will be asked to provide your name and email address to register with eConnect in order to change your details. If your email address does not match the one attached to your licence in our licensing system you must contact the EPA to confirm your new email address.Change your contact details
Change or vary a licence
eConnect can't be used to change information such as the name on the licence, a condition of licence or apparatus or substance information on the licence. You will need to apply in writing to vary your licence using the Application to Vary a User Licence to use regulated material in NSW (radioactive substances, radiation apparatus and sealed source devices) form (PDF 331KB).
Applicants using Internet Explorer 10 will experience difficulty using all the functionality in eConnect. It is highly advisable to either use Internet Explorer 11 or an alternative browser such as Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Google Chrome when using eConnect.
If you experience any issues with your application or using eConnect EPA please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 9995 5700.
Information relating to radiation user licences is available on the radiation user licences page.