The NSW Government has committed to faster payments. Payments up to $10,000 will now be paid instantly by credit card. Registered small businesses that supply to in-scope government departments will also be paid within 20 calendar days of central payment departments receiving a correctly rendered invoice for goods or services provided for between $10,000 and $1 million. Faster payments have been in place since the 1st December 2018.
How to register as a small business with NSW Government
Detailed instructions are available on the Small business website.
The NSW Government has criteria for a correctly rendered invoice. The invoice should
- be tax compliant
- State that Environment Protection Authority ABN 43 692 285 758 has been contracted to receive the goods or services
- display correctly calculated amounts (i.e. net amount, GST displayed and total amount)
- quote a valid purchase order number or, in the absence of a purchase order number, display the contact name or contact email address of the person who bought the goods/services.
Send the invoice
- Preferred via email to email@example.com for EPA
- The invoice should be attached as a pdf file.
- For multiple invoices, each invoice must be separated into its own pdf file.
- Post to Finance Shared Services, PO Box 1967, Hurstville BC NSW 1481