Litter Prevention Grants Program: grants available
Up to $10 million in funding is available in 3 streams from 2022 to 2027.
The NSW Government has opened the Waste and Sustainable Materials Strategy 2041 (WASM) Litter Prevention Grants Program for councils, community groups and other key stakeholders to deliver litter prevention projects and develop strategic plans to address litter in their local environments.
Up to $10 million is available from 2022 to 2027.
Funding is provided under 3 streams:
- Stream 1: Small-scale, on-ground projects, including a dedicate cigarette butt litter program
- Stream 2: Strategic development and capacity building
- Stream 3: Own It and Act strategic implementation
These guidelines will help guide your application for funding:
- WASM Litter Prevention Grants: Guidelines 2022-27 (PDF 1.3MB)
- Cigarette Butt Litter Prevention Grant Program: Guidelines (PDF 280KB)
Submit your Expression of Interest in grant funding through SmartyGrants.
|5 December 2022||WASM Litter Prevention Grants open|
|7 December 2022||Expressions of interest open (noting cut off dates in table below)|
|1 March 2023||Cut-off date for expressions of interest for Intake 1|
|29 Sept 2023||Cut-off date for expressions of interest for Intake 2|
|8 March 2024||Cut-off date for expressions of interest for Intake 3|
|17 April 2023||Round 1 applications due|
|27 October 2023||Round 2 applications due|
|4 April 2024||Round 3 applications due|
|30 June 2027||WASM Litter Prevention Grants projects close|