Category: Bushfire Recovery Programs
Amounts: $31.7 million in funding provided for Bushfire-generated green waste grants over Stream A and B.
- Funding Stream A – Data collection initiative
Provided a flat fee of $10,000 to assess and document the extent of bushfire-generated green waste within your jurisdiction. Additional funding of up to $20,000 per LGA will be considered in cases where:
(a) Councils received Stream A funding and the $10,000 was not sufficient to complete the assessment; or
(b) Councils did not receive Stream A funding and have still carried out a green waste assessment in order to apply for Stream B funding.
- Funding Stream B – Clean-up and processing grants
$31.5 million in grants provided to 15 councils to fund clean-up, processing and beneficial reuse of green waste generated by the 2019–20 bushfires.
Contact: 131 555 or RecoveryandResiliancePrograms@epa.nsw.gov.au
Status: Stream A is completed and successful applicants for Stream B have been announced.
Managed by: NSW Environment Protection Authority. This program is funded under the joint Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements.
The Bushfire-generated green waste grants program builds on the NSW Government commitment to deliver bushfire recovery assistance to help people and businesses impacted by bushfires. The program's objectives are to
- assess and document outstanding green waste generated by the 2019–20 bushfires
- manage the clean-up of outstanding green waste generated by the 2019–20 bushfires
- provide opportunities to beneficially reuse processed green waste products in bushfire-affected regions
- provide regional employment opportunities in bushfire-affected communities
|Blue MountainsCity Council||$892,100|
|Total = $31,500,057|
Will you be providing another round of grants after Stream B?
We do not have any further grant rounds planned for this program.