Conducting private native forestry
We have developed guidelines and videos to provide further information to operators and landholders conducting native forestry operations and to support compliance with the PNF Code of Practice.
- Identifying hollow-bearing and recruitment trees: guidance note for private native forestry in northern and southern NSW (PDF 935KB)
- Guideline 1: Guidelines for assessing regeneration and stocking (PDF 177KB)
- Guideline 4: Techniques for measuring stand height (PDF 572KB)
- Guideline 5: Techniques for measuring stand basal area (PDF 134KB)
Videos that provide an overview of the legal framework underpinning PNF in NSW, introducing the PNF Code of Practice which sets environmental and operational standards for timber harvesting on private land.
Technical series videos
The NSW Government's technical video series provides information on a range of issues including constructing drainage features and roll-over cross banks, silviculture and protecting threatened ecological communities.
- Advisory notes provide information on threatened species, cultural heritage and biodiversity.
- The endangered ecological community (EEC) field identification guidelines help landowners and contractors identify EECs in the field. They provide information on characteristic tree species, geographical locations and other key features