Category: Contaminated Land Management
Amounts: Total of $1.4 million available, maximum of $140,000 per grant
Eligible bodies: NSW Regional Organisations of Councils (ROCs) and groups of three or more regional councils.
Status: Applications are now closed. Closing date was 5pm Friday 17 August 2018
Managed by: NSW Environment Protection Authority
ROCs and groups of councils that meet the eligibility criteria will be provided with funding to employ a Council Regional Capacity Building Officer. The officer can provide support for
- developing contaminated land policies, procedures and registers
- reviewing existing contaminated land policies and procedures against the relevant legislation
- conducting workshops on the legal obligations and technical aspects of contaminated land management
- guiding and supporting planning officers on contaminated land issues
- assisting with the handover to councils of Underground Petroleum Storage Systems (UPSS) regulation in August 2019
ROCs or groups of three or more regional councils which meet the eligibility requirements set out in the CRCB program guidelines (PDF 210KB).
For more information contact the Contaminated Land Management Section by phone on (02) 9995 5767 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.