The EPA Annual Report 2019–20 (PDF 15.5MB) highlights a productive year in which the EPA worked with business, government and the community to address human health and environmental issues in a period marked by significant bushfires and the COVID-19 pandemic.
The EPA Annual Report includes the Board’s Regulatory Assurance Statement, including recommendations for improving the EPA's performance as a regulator, and the performance of industries regulated by the EPA.
Key highlights of the annual report in 2019–20, including the Board's statement were
- the EPA, alongside other agencies, contributing more than 21,000 hours in response to the largest bushfires in modern record
- adapting our operations during the pandemic to maintain services to industry and our community while keeping staff safe
- $1.4 million in fines and penalties for 72 successful EPA prosecutions
- proactive regulation of native forestry after the 2019–20 bushfires
- the Council Regional Capacity Building program that helped council officers learn additional skills to manage contaminated land and incidents
- 57.3% of senior leaderships roles being held by women
- the EPA being named as an Inclusive Employer 2019–20 by the Diversity Council of Australia.
- EPA Annual Report 2019–20 including Regulatory Assurance Statement 2019–20 (PDF 15.5MB)
- EPA Annual Report 2018–19 (PDF 6.5MB) and Regulatory Assurance Statement 2018–19 (PDF 1.3MB)
- EPA Annual Report 2017–18 (PDF 13.5MB) and Regulatory Assurance Statement 2017–18 (PDF 876KB)
- EPA Annual Report 2016–17 (PDF 7.9MB) and Regulatory Assurance Statement 2016–17 (PDF 208KB)
- EPA Annual Report 2015–16 (PDF 4.2MB) and Regulatory Assurance Statement 2015–16
- EPA Annual Report 2014–15 (PDF 3.2MB) including Regulatory Assurance Statement 2014–15
- EPA Annual Report 2013–14 (PDF 3.31MB) including Regulatory Assurance Statement 2013–14
- EPA Annual Report 2012–13 (PDF 3.76MB) including Regulatory Assurance Statement 2012–13
- Department of Premier and Cabinet’s Annual Report 2011–12 including the EPA Annual report 2011–12 and Regulatory Assurance Statement