This reporting period was both productive and challenging as we continued to work collaboratively with business, government and the community in protecting human health and the environment.
As in 2020-21, the COVID-19 pandemic continued to present an ongoing challenge to how we operated as an organisation. This encouraged an adaptive and responsive approach to many of our regulatory activities.
Highlights of the 2021-22 report include
- our work as the lead agency for the massive recovery and clean-up efforts after the floods of autumn 2022 which heavily impacted the northern rivers region and communities around the Hawkesbury and Nepean rivers
- our swift and collaborative response to the warehouse fire in Wickham in inner Newcastle which created fears of a major asbestos contamination
- the launch in July 2021 of our Strategic Plan 2021-2024 which highlights our five key areas of focus for the next few years
- our 30th birthday celebrations, which gave us an opportunity to reflect on our achievements of the previous three decades
- successful implementation of the state wide single-use, lightweight plastic bag ban
Previous Annual Report