This year’s report includes a summary of some of the EPA's key achievements from our strategic plan and a three-year results table that tracks performance of selected indicators.
The EPA Annual Report 2018–19 (PDF 7.9MB) highlights a productive year in which the EPA worked with business, government and the community to address significant human health and environmental issues.
Key highlights in 2018–19 included
- a 57% reduction in drink container litter since the container deposit scheme, Return and Earn, began in December 2017
- EPA assuming responsibility for coordinating the management of asbestos issues through the NSW Asbestos Coordination Committee
- leading reforms to the rules for public native forestry in coastal NSW to improve regulation and enforceability
- collaborating with the City of Newcastle and Maitland City Council on a campaign to encourage battery recycling
- EPA grants supporting Aboriginal communities to reduce waste through innovative community engagement programs
- 57 successful prosecutions resulting in $748,210 in penalties for environmental offences (page 91)
- making it easier to calculate monetary benefit orders, which strip environmental offenders of the financial advantage they gained from breaking the law (page 45).
The EPA Board’s Regulatory Assurance Statement assesses the EPA's performance as a regulator each year, including how industries regulated by the EPA performed, and makes recommendations for overall improvements.
- EPA Annual Report 2018-19 (PDF 7.9MB) and Regulatory Assurance Statement 2018–19 (PDF 1.3MB)
- EPA Annual Report 2017-18 (PDF 13.5MB) and Regulatory Assurance Statement 2017–18 (PDF 876KB)
- EPA Annual Report 2016–17 (PDF 7.9MB) and Regulatory Assurance Statement 2016–17 (PDF 208KB)
- EPA Annual Report 2015–16 (PDF 4.2MB) and Regulatory Assurance Statement 2015–16
- EPA Annual Report 2014–15 (PDF 3.2MB) including Regulatory Assurance Statement 2014–15
- EPA Annual Report 2013–14 (PDF 3.31MB) including Regulatory Assurance Statement 2013–14
- EPA Annual Report 2012–13 (PDF 3.76MB) including Regulatory Assurance Statement 2012–13
- Department of Premier and Cabinet’s Annual Report 2011–12 including the EPA Annual report 2011–12 and Regulatory Assurance Statement