The EPA is pleased to present its annual report which summarises our activities and performance for the year 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021. This reporting period was both productive and challenging as we continued to work collaboratively with business, government and the community in protecting human health and the environment.
As in 2019-20, the COVID-19 pandemic presented an ongoing challenge to how we operate as an organisation, encouraging an adaptive and responsive approach to many of our regulatory activities, and all towards our goal of becoming a world class regulator.
Highlights of the 2020-21 report include
- the Board’s statement, which outlines the organisation’s progress over the previous 12 months and provides recommendations for the future
- our work as the lead agency for massive recovery efforts after the March 2021 floods, a clean-up that extended from Sydney all the way to the Queensland border
- several case studies that show our new regulatory approach in action, including the remediation of Kendall Bay, the use of drones for remote inspections during construction of the new Batemans Bay bridge and our response to the “rotten egg” odours in and around Minchinbury
- the launch of our Workforce Strategy and Employee Career Journey, which will guide us in developing our teams and organisational capabilities to become an adaptive, modern environmental regulator
- our roadshow events in February and March, where our CEO Tracy Mackey and members of our Executive team travelled to various locations across the state, meeting with more than 80 local councils and 170 licensees.
Previous Annual Reports
- EPA Annual Report 2019–20 including Regulatory Assurance Statement 2019–20 (PDF 15.5MB)
- EPA Annual Report 2018–19 (PDF 6.5MB) and Regulatory Assurance Statement 2018–19 (PDF 1.3MB)
- EPA Annual Report 2017–18 (PDF 13.5MB) and Regulatory Assurance Statement 2017–18 (PDF 876KB)
- EPA Annual Report 2016–17 (PDF 7.9MB) and Regulatory Assurance Statement 2016–17 (PDF 208KB)
- EPA Annual Report 2015–16 (PDF 4.2MB) and Regulatory Assurance Statement 2015–16
- EPA Annual Report 2014–15 (PDF 3.2MB) including Regulatory Assurance Statement 2014–15
- EPA Annual Report 2013–14 (PDF 3.31MB) including Regulatory Assurance Statement 2013–14
- EPA Annual Report 2012–13 (PDF 3.76MB) including Regulatory Assurance Statement 2012–13
- Department of Premier and Cabinet’s Annual Report 2011–12 including the EPA Annual report 2011–12 and Regulatory Assurance Statement