The EPA delivers a variety of training courses for authorised officers and environmental regulators as lead agency of the Professional Development & Training Program. The Program is a project of the Australasian Environmental Law Enforcement & Regulators network (“AELERT”) of which the NSW EPA is a member. For further information about AELERT please see http://www.aelert.net/.
For information about courses and delivery dates please see the EPA Learning Website https://learning.epa.nsw.gov.au
Courses currently on offer as part of the program include:
Diploma in Government (Investigations) (in partnership with an RTO)
- Certificate IV in Government (Investigations) (in partnership with an RTO)
- Environmental Law Enforcement - Authorised Officers
- The Protection of the Environment Operations Act
- Compost Facility Management
- Investigative Interviewing & Statement Taking
- Drafting Statutory Instruments
- Undertaking Inspections
- Court Procedures & Giving Evidence
- Expert Witness
- Checking Briefs of Evidence
- Environmental Auditing
- Sampling for Investigations
- Environmental Noise
- Investigating and Preventing Illegal Dumping
- Surveillance Devices
- Litter Enforcement
The training is all delivered by experienced trainers who are currently working in environmental regulation. The training materials and scenarios are based on environmental issues and situations relevant to regulatory officers, so participants can see a direct link between the training and their day to day roles.
Courses are open to all environmental regulators however there are significant savings on enrolment fees for AELERT members.
For any questions please contact the EPA Training Unit on firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 9995 6526