We deliver a variety of training courses for authorised officers and environmental regulators as lead agency of the Professional Development & Training Program. The Program is a project of the Australasian Environmental Law Enforcement and Regulators network (“AELERT”) of which we are a member. For further information about AELERT please see http://www.aelert.net/.
For information about courses and delivery dates please see the EPA Learning Website https://learning.epa.nsw.gov.au
Courses currently on offer as part of the program include:
- Certificate IV in Government (Investigations) (in partnership with an RTO)
- The Protection of the Environment Operations Act
- Compost Facility Management
- Investigative Interviewing & Statement Taking
- Drafting Statutory Instruments
- Court Procedures & Giving Evidence
- Environmental Auditing
- Sampling for Investigations
- Environmental Noise
- Investigating and Preventing Illegal Dumping
- Surveillance Devices
- Litter Enforcement
- Underground petroleum storage systems (UPPS)
The training is all delivered by experienced trainers who are currently working in environmental regulation. The training materials and scenarios are based on environmental issues and situations relevant to regulatory officers, so participants can see a direct link between the training and their day to day roles.
Courses are open to all environmental regulators however there are significant savings on enrolment fees for AELERT members.
For any questions please contact the EPA Training Unit on email@example.com or call (02) 9995 6526