Statutory guidelines must be considered by
- the EPA
- accredited site auditors
- contaminated land consultants
- those with a duty to report contamination to the EPA.
Guidelines made by the EPA
- Guidelines for the vertical mixing of soil on former broad-acre agricultural land (PDF 148KB)
- Sampling design guidelines (PDF 2MB)
- Guidelines for assessing banana plantation sites (PDF 586KB)
- Guidelines for consultants reporting on contaminated sites (PDF 428KB)
- Guidelines for assessing former orchards and market gardens (PDF 172KB)
- Guidelines for the NSW Site Auditor Scheme, 3rd edition (PDF 999KB)
- Guidelines for the assessment and management of groundwater contamination (PDF 604KB)
- Guidelines on the duty to report contamination under the Contaminated Land Management Act 1997 (PDF 412KB)
Guidelines that refer to the
- Australian Water Quality Guidelines for Fresh and Marine Waters (ANZECC, October 2000), are replaced as of 29 August 2018 by the Australian and New Zealand Guidelines for Fresh and Marine Water Quality (ANZG, August 2018), with the exception of the water quality for primary industries component, which still refer to the ANZECC & ARMCANZ (2000) guidelines
- National Environment Protection (Assessment of Site Contamination) Measure 1999 are replaced as of 16 May 2013 by the National Environment Protection (Assessment of Site Contamination) Measure 1999 (April 2013).
Guidelines approved by the EPA
- Australian and New Zealand Guidelines for Fresh and Marine Water Quality, ANZG (August 2018)
- Australian and New Zealand Guidelines for Fresh and Marine Water Quality, Volume 3, Primary Industries - Rationale and Background Information (ANZECC & ARMCANZ (October 2000)
- Composite sampling, Lock, W. H., National Environmental Health Forum Monographs, Soil Series No.3, 1996, SA Health Commission, Adelaide. Email enHealth.Secretariat@health.gov.au for a copy of this publication.
- Environmental health risk assessment: Guidelines for assessing human health risks from environmental hazards, Department of Health and Ageing and EnHealth Council, Commonwealth of Australia (June 2012)
- National Environment Protection (Assessment of Site Contamination) Measure 1999 (April 2013)* (ASC NEPM)
- Guidelines for the Assessment and Clean Up of Cattle Tick Dip Sites for Residential Purposes, NSW Agriculture and CMPS&F Environmental (February 1996)
- Australian Drinking Water Guidelines, NHMRC and Natural Resource Management Ministerial Council of Australia and New Zealand (2011)
* The ASC NEPM was amended on 16 May 2013.