- details the approach taken to compliance and enforcement under this legislation
- outlines the notices the EPA serves on those responsible for land contamination
- provides information about complying with these notices
- identifies the factors the EPA considers when selecting appropriate responses to non-compliance
- explains the circumstances under which the EPA escalates its response
- describes how compliance is monitored
The EPA’s regulatory response to non-compliance
The EPA's escalating regulatory response to non-compliance, shown above, is consistent with the EPA Compliance Policy (PDF 400KB).