The Approved Methods for the Modelling and Assessment of Air Pollutants in NSW (2022) (PDF 688KB) (Approved Methods for Modelling (2022) replaces the 2016 version.
- We will reference the Approved Methods for Modelling 2022 (PDF 4688KB) when evaluating air quality impact assessments submitted as part of any planning application on or after 9 September 2022.
- We will reference the Approved Methods for Modelling 2016 (PDF 1MB) when assessing air quality impact assessments submitted as part of any planning application before 9 September 2022.
It is referred to in the Protection of the Environment Operations (Clean Air) Regulation 2021 – Part 5: Air impurities emitted from activities and plant. The document may also be referred to in conditions attached to statutory instruments, such as licences or notices issued under the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997.
The document contains information on
- how to prepare emissions inventory data and meteorological data
- methods for accounting for and dealing with background concentrations
- dispersion modelling methodology and interpretation
- impact assessment criteria for common pollutants
- procedures for developing site-specific emission limits, including those for hydrogen sulfide
- worked examples
Find out more about air quality impact assessments
Find out more measuring air emissions