These factsheets provide quick and simple information about a specific UPSS topic.
- Fact sheet 1 – fuel handling (PDF 131KB)
- Fact sheet 2 – loss monitoring systems (PDF 144KB)
- Fact sheet 3 – leak detection systems (PDF 259KB)
- Fact sheet 4 – Fuel System Operation Plans (PDF 66KB)
- Fact sheet 5 – UPSS obligations (PDF 125KB)
- Practice Note: Managing run-off from service station forecourts (PDF 320KB) has been developed to provide guidance on preventing potentially polluted run-off escaping from service station forecourts.
UPSS Technical notes
These technical notes are advisory only.
- UPSS Technical Note: Site sensitivity assessment (PDF 164KB)
- UPSS Technical Note: Site validation reporting (PDF 234KB)
- UPSS Technical Note: Decommissioning, abandonment and removal of UPSS (PDF 162KB)
- Best Practice Note: Landfarming
New guidelines have been developed to assist persons responsible for a UPSS to comply with the Protection of the Environment Operations (Underground Petroleum Storage Systems) Regulation (the Regulation) which commenced on 1 September 2019.
The EPA is currently seeking feedback from UPSS operators, industry, local councils and the community on these proposed new Guidelines.
Feedback can be provided through the EPA consultation portal from 11 September 2020 until 16 October 2020.
The current guidelines (PDF 969KB) are still available.