Category: Bushfire Recovery Programs
Amounts: The program provides up to $15 million in two phases. First, it will provide eligible councils with landfill impact assessments, followed by up to $14.5 million in contestable funding for landfill infrastructure projects.
- Phase 1: Impact Assessments (now closed)
Councils that opt in to the program will be provided with consultants to assess, quantify and report on the impacts that receiving bushfire waste has had on their landfill.
- Phase 2: Landfill Infrastructure Projects
Up to $14.5 million in funding available for Landfill Infrastructure Projects that restore or improve council landfills.
Councils must opt in to Phase 1 of the program to be eligible for Phase 2 funding.
Eligible bodies: NSW councils that have received waste generated by the 2019–20 bushfires at their landfill.
Contact: 131 555 or email@example.com
Status: Phase 2 is now open.
Managed by: NSW Environment Protection Authority
The Bushfire Recovery Program for Council Landfills aims to ensure that councils are not disadvantaged by accepting bushfire waste for disposal at their landfill, that local waste services are secure for communities and that the environment is protected.
The program’s objectives are to
- scope and quantify impacts for each affected council
- provide support and expertise to assist affected councils and landfills recover
- deliver funding to councils to repair or improve their landfill facilities
- ensure councils are not worse off as a result of receiving waste generated by the 2019/20 bushfires at their landfills
How to apply
Opt-in to Phase 1 of the program was a requirement for funding eligibility. Phase 1 is now closed.
Phase 2: Applications for funding in Phase 2 of the program will be open for eligible applicants who applied to Phase 1 from Tuesday 6 April 2021 until 5:00pm Wednesday 30 June 2021.
Application forms and assistance will be available on SmartyGrants.
You must have applied to Phase 1 of the program to be eligible for funding in Phase 2.