Roughly 70% of the things in a business’ general waste bin can be reused or recycled. From cardboard, paper and plastic through to food waste – so much of this ends up in the general waste bin, when it could be avoided, reused or recycled.
Minimising the amount of waste you send to landfill isn’t just good for the planet; it’s good for your business, helping to
- attract more customers by showing your environmental awareness
- increase staff morale
- gain recognition for your business’ green credentials
- reduce your impact on the environment
95% of businesses that have added a recycling service are diverting more waste and improving their productivity and efficiency. Are you ready to join them?
Free assessments and rebates
A Bin Trim assessor can conduct a free waste and recycling assessment and produce a tailored action plan for your business. You may be eligible to participate in Bin Trim if your business has
- between one and 400 employees and has its own waste bill
- a maximum of five sites (each with less than 400 staff) from one company.
Benefits to the community
NSW businesses send more than 1.8 million tonnes of business waste to landfill each year. More than 70% of this could be reused or recycled. Reducing waste sent to landfill has environmental and economic benefits for everyone.