EPA support includes tools, programs and services, and funding for equipment to make it easier for businesses and communities to avoid waste, recycle more and send less waste to landfill.
Circular Business Program
The Circular Busines Program provides free advice and support to businesses to help them identify and implement ways of cutting waste and potentially making cost savings.
Circulate, NSW EPA Industrial Ecology Program
The Circulate program has funded projects across NSW to improve their environmental practices. By using the by-products of other companies or industries, organisations can reduce costs and the amount of waste going to landfill.
Recycling organics at work
- Recycling organics is an easy way for businesses to reduce the amount of waste sent for disposal.
- Donating surplus food instead of discarding it, to benefit your business, the community and the environment.
Waste grants and funding to boost recycling
The NSW Waste and Sustainable Materials Strategy 2041 grants and funding will help NSW to transition to a circular economy. The Strategy builds on successful initiatives and programs delivered under the Waste Less Recycle More initiative.
Tools, directories and guidelines
The EPA provides innovative tools, directories, and guidelines on recycling systems to assist business and government.
- The Recyculator tool helps councils, businesses and industry calculate and demonstrate the benefits of large-scale recycling.
- The Business Recycling directory is an online directory and associated hotline that helps businesses locate recycling services.
- EPA resources for local council waste and recycling operations include model waste and recycling contracts, guidelines, reports and more.
- The free Bin Trim business app will help you assess your business waste and identify easy actions to avoid and reduce waste and waste costs.
- Use the Bin Trim pro app on behalf of your clients to conduct waste assessments, track material inputs and outputs, recommend actions and monitor progress