Bin Trim Program
The EPA’s Bin Trim Program helps businesses quickly find ways of cutting waste and boosting profits.
Circulate, NSW EPA Industrial Ecology Program
Circulate funds facilitators to work with organisations across NSW to improve their environmental practices. By using the by-products of other companies or industries, organisations can reduce costs and the amount or waste going to landfill.
Recycling organics at work
- Recycling organics is an easy way for businesses to reduce the amount of waste sent for disposal.
- Donate surplus food instead of discarding it, to benefit your business, the community and the environment.
Waste grants and funding to boost recycling
Waste Less, Recycle More grants and funding aim to accelerate and stimulate investment in recycling infrastructure and equipment, to increase NSW's capacity to process and recycle waste.
Tools, directories and guidelines
The EPA provides innovative tools, directories, and guidelines on recycling systems to assist business and government.
- The Recyculator tool helps councils, businesses and industry calculate and communicate the benefits of large-scale recycling.
- The Bin Trim tool helps businesses to measure their waste, and find out how to waste less and save more.
- The Business Recycling directory is an online directory and associated hotline that makes recycling easier for small to medium-sized businesses.
- EPA resources for local council waste and recycling operations include model waste and recycling contracts, guidelines, reports and more.