The Radiation Control Act 1990 requires that a person must not carry on any of the activities prescribed as activities of a consulting radiation expert unless they have been accredited by the EPA as a consulting radiation expert (CRE).
The Radiation Control Regulation 2013 prescribes the activities of a consulting radiation expert. A consulting radiation expert can only undertake activities as provided in their conditions of accreditation.
Information on the accreditation of consulting radiation expert can be found on the following pages:
- Types of accreditation
- Criteria for gaining accreditation as a consulting radiation expert
- Information for consulting radiation experts
- Accredited consulting radiation experts
Use eConnect EPA to apply for or vary an accreditation online.
There is credit card payment fee of 0.4%.
- The application fee for a new accreditation is $482. An additional fee of $237 applies to non-standard (complex) applications that are referred to the Radiation Advisory Council
- The fee for a one year renewal is $361
- The fee for a simple variation to an accreditation is $121. An additional fee of $240 applies to non-standard (complex) applications that are referred to the Radiation Advisory Council
The applications process usually takes seven working days.
For any enquiries please contact the Regulatory and Compliance Support Unit on 9995 5700 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.