Section 1: Introduction provides information on
- why the guideline was developed
- what has been included since the previous guideline
- who the guideline is for
Section 2: Vibration criteria provides preferred and maximum values for continuous, impulsive and intermittent vibration. The criteria are non-mandatory: they are goals that should be achieved by applying all feasible and reasonable mitigation measures. Where these have been applied and vibration values are still beyond the maximum value, the operator would need to negotiate directly with the affected community.
Section 3: Mitigation provides
- generic information on mitigation measures to reduce vibration effects induced by various activities
- alternative management approaches when preferred values cannot be met.
Section 4: Vibration measurement and prediction provides information on measurement and prediction requirements.
The guideline does not address
- occupational vibration
- blasting vibration effects
- vibration-induced damage to buildings or structures