Some legacy contamination issues require proactive strategies outside of the regulatory options set out in the Contaminated Land Management Act 1997 (the CLM Act). In accordance with section 8 of the CLM Act the EPA may take such reasonable steps as it considers necessary in relation to managing contaminated land. These steps may include assisting state and local government in the management of contaminated land, and developing policies, programs or public awareness campaigns.
- Decision tree for prioritising sites potentially contaminated with PFAS
- Managing absestos in or on soils
- Managing naturally occurring asbestos
- James Hardie absestos waste contamination legacy
- Former gas sites and locations
- Former uranium processing site