Infrastructure funding is designed to accelerate and stimulate investment in infrastructure to increase the amount of resources recovered in NSW and keep materials withing the productive circular economy. Infrastructure funding supports projects within NSW that:
- improve the quality of recycled materials produced by material recovery facilities (MRFs)
- increase the capability and capacity to recover and reprocess waste materials
- increase the use of recycled content in the manufacture of products
- increase the recovery of identified priority waste materials and the creation of end-markets for recovered resources
- Circular Solar Trials seeks expressions of interests to test the commercial and logistical feasibility of collecting solar panel and battery systems for recycling and reuse. Trials aim to link collected resources with end-markets to show end-to-end outcomes.
- Product Improvement Program provides industry an opportunity to identify new uses and markets for recyclable materials, and to develop local processing and remanufacturing capability to help ensure services are maintained in future years. Funding is offered in two streams: Infrastructure; and Research and Development. This funding incorporates the former Resource Recovery Facility Expansion and Enhancement Program (RRFEE), and projects previously funded under the Recycling Innovation Fund (RIF).
- Major Resource Recovery Infrastructure Program is designed to fund new major resource recovery facilities that can increase recycling of waste materials from households and businesses in a cost-effective manner. Funding supports new council and private sector facilities.
- Weighbridge Fund supports waste operators to comply with the state requirement that all waste-levy paying facilities have a weighbridge installed. Weighbridges ensure better quantification of waste and improve environmental performance at facilities. Aimed at facilitating the collection and payment of the Waste and Environment Levy.
To stay up to date on new funding programs, subscribe to the EPA waste update notifications.