Waste Less, Recycle More infrastructure funding is designed to accelerate and stimulate investment in infrastructure to increase processing capacity to recycle waste produced in the waste levy-paying areas of NSW.
The Fund is aimed at assisting the NSW waste and resource recovery industry to meet NSW 2021 recycling targets.
Three key programs provide funding for new recycling facilities or upgrades to existing facilities
- Product Improvement Program provides industry an opportunity to identify new uses and markets for recyclable materials, and to develop local processing and remanufacturing capability to help ensure services are maintained in future years.
- Resource Recovery Facility Expansion and Enhancement Program for enhancing existing council and private sector facilities
- Major Resource Recovery Infrastructure Program for new council and private sector facilities.
Waste and recycling infrastructure grant recipients can apply for free infrastructure and procurement advice.
Funding is also available to support waste and recycling facilities to
- install weighbridges to facilitate the collection and payment of the Waste and Environment Levy
- ensure better quantification of waste
- improve environmental performance at waste and recycling facilities.
The Weighbridge Fund supports waste operators to comply with the state requirement that all waste-levy paying facilities have a weighbridge installed.