Amounts: Total of $2.51 million; individual grants from $25,000 to $500,000
Eligible bodies: owners and operators of AWT facilities (listed below) in NSW
Status: Now open. Applications close 4pm Monday 29 June 2020
Managed by: NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment
Broadly, the aim of this grant is to help eligible AWT owners and operators undertake research and development of alternative end products and markets for general waste, processed in eligible AWT facilities. It seeks to accelerate or enhance existing and support new research and development activities.
In particular, the grant aims to
- support sustainable resource recovery of general waste in NSW, in line with Government policy including the NSW Circular Economy Policy Statement: Too Good To Waste, the NSW Waste Hierarchy and the Net Zero Plan
- encourage innovation, including the discovery and development of long-term solutions that divert general waste away from landfill, and increase resource recovery rates
- support the development of solutions that will be environmentally, socially and economically beneficial.
The objectives of the grant are to deliver funding for:
- project activities that explore options to improve resource recovery outcomes; and/or
- development of commercially viable options that are consistent with the aims of the grant.
Eligible AWT facilities
Eligible NSW AWT facilities are those listed in the Government Gazette of NSW, Number 114 dated Friday, 2 November 2018, namely:
- Biomass Solutions - Englands Road, Coffs Harbour
- Suez Recycling and Recovery - Elizabeth Drive, Kemps Creek
- Suez Recycling and Recovery – Newline Road, Raymond Terrace
- Veolia Environmental Services – Collector Road, Tarago
- Eastern Creek Operations – Wallgrove Road, Eastern Creek
Organisations eligible to apply are the owners (including part owners) and/or operators of eligible AWT facilities in NSW, namely:
- The operators of eligible AWT facilities
- The owners (including part owners) of eligible AWT facilities
- AWT Research and Development Grant – Alternative Uses for General Waste Guidelines (PDF 248KB)
- AWT Research and Development Grant – Alternative Uses for General Waste Application Form (DOCX 155KB)
- Sample funding deed (DOCX 3705KB)
Send your completed application form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Add “Your organisation name, R&D Application’ to the subject line.
For more information contact the Community Recycling team by phone on (02) 9995 6951 or by email email@example.com