The policy can be used by
- the EPA when undertaking regulatory responsibilities under the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 (POEO Act)
- large industrial and agricultural premises like mines, quarries and waste facilities that require an environment protection licence from the EPA under the POEO Act
- the Department of Planning and Environment when assessing major development proposals under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979
- local councils for assistance with their planning and regulatory responsibilities
- community members wishing to find out more about ways in which noise is assessed and measured
Learn more about when the NSW Industrial Noise Policy (2000) and the Noise Policy for Industry (2017) apply in the EPA’s Implementation and transitional arrangements.