We play an important role in providing information to government, industry, business, media and the community about environmental protection and regulation and the state of the NSW environment.
Access information about specific businesses and activities that is required by law to be publicly available.
Use the public registers to lodge or search for:
- information about environment protection licences
- prosecutions under environmental law
- contaminated land sites
- dangerous goods in transit
- approved property vegetation plans
- forest agreements and operations approvals
- the Hunter River Salinity Trading Scheme.
Go to the public registers
We issue penalty notices for breaches of the POEO Act. Find brief information about:
- who has been fined
- how much they have been fined
- what the fine is for
Full details are held in our public register.
Publications and reports
We provide a broad range of educational, technical and general information about:
- the NSW environment and activities that may impact the environment
- environmental regulations
- government policies and initiatives
- current incidents
- community engagement
- industry compliance
- best practice.
EPA publications and reports are available online or from our offices, or you can request information by calling the Environment Line on 131 555.
Media releases and news articles
Go to the newsroom for recent EPA media releases and news articles, or search all news and media releases.