The public register under section 308 of the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 (the POEO Act) contains
- environment protection licences
- applications for new licences and to transfer or vary existing licences
- environment protection and noise control notices
- penalty notices issued by the EPA
- convictions in prosecutions under the POEO Act
- the results of civil proceedings
- licence review information. Submissions regarding licence review can be made at any time
- exemptions from the provisions of the POEO Act or regulations
- approvals granted under clause 9 of the POEO (Control of Burning) Regulation
- approvals granted under clause 7A of the POEO (Clean Air) Regulation.
As a result of the Protection of the Environment Legislation Amendment Act 2011 (Amendment Act), the public register will be expanded to include the following from the 31 March 2012
any mandatory audits required to be undertaken in relation to a licence
each pollution study required by a condition of a licence
each pollution reduction program required by a condition of a licence
each penalty notice issued in relation to a premises.
As a result of the commencement of the EPA's risk-based licensing system from 1 July 2015, the public register will include environmental risk levels. For further information on risk levels see Risk-based licensing.
Click on the following link for information on NSW Forestry Agreements and IFOAs.