The Namoi Region Air Quality Advisory Committee was established by the Minister for the Environment at the end of 2017. The Committee’s role is to provide advice to the EPA on matters specifically related to the monitoring and management of air quality in the Namoi region.
The Committee enables local communities in the Namoi region to engage with their industrial neighbours, the EPA and other government agencies involved in managing potential air quality impacts on the community and environment. The Committee also provides advice on how the community would like to be notified and kept informed on matters related to regional air quality.
Vacancies remain on the Namoi Region Air Quality Advisory Committee and the EPA continues to call for nominations from community representatives to join the Committee.
The new Committee membership represents a broad range of views, ensuring a balanced approach between community, government and industry to achieve positive environmental outcomes for the region, and comprises the following members
- Chair of the Committee
- One officer of Narrabri Shire Council, who is responsible for environmental management
- One officer of Gunnedah Shire Council, who is responsible for environmental management
- One officer of Liverpool Plains Shire Council, who is responsible for environmental management
- One person representing the community’s environmental interests in the Narrabri local government area
- One person representing the community’s environmental interests in the Gunnedah local government area
- One representative nominated by Hunter New England Population Health
- One representative nominated by the NSW Department of Planning and Environment
- Three representatives for Namoi region mining companies (one from each company with a presence in the region)
The vacant positions are
- One person representing the community's environmental interests in the Liverpool Plains local government area
- A person or persons nominated by the indigenous communities of the Namoi region
- One local NSW Farmers representative
To nominate for any of the vacant positions, email email@example.com
Terms of reference
The EPA has prepared terms of reference to support and guide the Namoi Region Air Quality Advisory Committee.
- Namoi air quality data, presentation 1 (PDF 1000KB) 6 September 2018
- Namoi air quality data, presentation 2 (PDF 1700KB) 6 September 2018
- Air Quality Monitoring Network Namoi/North-West slopes May 2017 to July 2018 seasonal newsletter
- Existing air quality network (PDF 2680KB) 14 June 2018
- Namoi air quality network (PDF 2160KB) 14 June 2018
If you have any feedback or comments on the Namoi Region Air Quality Advisory Committee, email firstname.lastname@example.org