This is different from public consultation where the EPA may call for input from the public for a specific project or legislative change.
These community groups enable the EPA to develop a long-term relationship with the local community and to provide information to residents about the environmental performance of industry and other new or emerging issues in their local area. It also enables the EPA to gain essential insight and understanding into the issues affecting local communities.
The EPA is committed to providing increased transparency about our work and sharing information between government, industry and the community. These relationships are fundamental to the EPA's vision for ‘Healthy Environment, Healthy Community, Healthy Business’.
Community group webpages provide a single reference point of information for those groups, including information about the group, reports and presentations from meetings, access to documents and contact details.
See information about
- Botany Bay
- Lower Hunter Dust Deposition Project Reference Group
- Upper Hunter Air Quality Monitoring Network Advisory Committee
- Newcastle Community Consultative Committee on the Environment
- Rutherford Air Quality Liaison Committee
- Williamtown RAAF Base contamination
- Minchinbury odours
- Noakes group boatyard, McMahons Point
- Truegain, former waste processing facility at Rutherford
- Tenterfield community update – Dowes Quarry
- Captains Flat
- AJ Bush and Sons, Riverstone
- Port Botany noise
- Opal Packaging, Matraville
- Darcy Road drain sampling
- Werris Creek community update (PDF 73KB)
For further information phone the Environment Line: 131 555