The EPA Annual Report 2013-14, PDF 3.31MB was tabled in parliament on 13 November 2014. The report includes details of the EPA’s operations and achievements throughout 2013-14 in line with the EPA Strategic Plan 2013-16. The Strategic Plan has since been revised and is now the EPA Strategic Plan 2014-17.
Throughout 2013-14 the EPA had many significant achievements including:
- the development of a risk based licensing system
- a legislative reform program
- delivery of waste initiatives
- improving upon community engagement with a variety of new tools
- maintaining a strong focus on prosecutions
- contributing to improved planning decisions throughout NSW.
These achievements demonstrate that the EPA is committed to continuously improving its processes and practices to ensure our objectives on reducing environmental impact and risks to human health are met.
The report also contains the EPA’s finances for the 2013-14 financial year and the EPA Board’s regulatory assurance statement to satisfy the requirements under Section 16(3) of the Protection of the Environment Administration Act 1991. The statement addresses the performance of the NSW EPA including the following areas:
- an assessment of the success of the EPA in reducing risks to human health and preventing degradation of the environment
- an assessment of EPA regulated industries performance in reducing risks to human health and preventing degradation of the environment
- recommendations for improving the EPA’s regulatory performance and the performance of industries regulated by the EPA.
EPA Annual Reports
EPA Annual Report 2013-14 (PDF 3.31MB)
EPA Annual Report 2012-13 (PDF 3.76MB)
Department of Premier and Cabinet’s Annual Report 2011–12
Page last updated: 21 November 2014