Waste Less, Recycle More infrastructure funding is designed to accelerate and stimulate investment in infrastructure to increase processing capacity to recycle waste produced in the waste levy-paying areas of NSW.
Two key programs provide funding for new recycling facilities or upgrades to existing facilities:
- Resource Recovery Facility Expansion and Enhancement Program for enhancing existing council and private sector facilities
- Major Resource Recovery Infrastructure Program for new council and private sector facilities.
Waste and recycling infrastructure grant recipients can apply for free infrastructure and procurement advice.
Funding is also available to support waste and recycling facilities to
- install weighbridges to facilitate the collection and payment of the Waste and Environment Levy
- ensure better quantification of waste
- improve environmental performance at waste and recycling facilities.
The Weighbridge Fund is for facilities that are liable for the waste levy and undertake resource recovery, waste processing or waste storage activities.