You can now use eConnect EPA to apply for and manage a radiation user licence; including
- applying for a new licence
- applying to renew a licence
- change the contact details for an existing licence
Applicants using Internet Explorer 10 will experience difficulty using all the functionality in eConnect. It is highly advisable to either use Internet Explorer 11 or an alternate browser such as Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Google Chrome when using eConnect.
Apply for a Radiation User Licence
New applications can now be submitted online. To complete an application you will need the following
- Your personal details, full name, address and contact information.
- Contact person details, if the contact is to be someone other than the applicant.
- The licence condition(s) you wish to apply for Information on condition criteria can be found on the Licensing criteria page.
- Details of any relevant qualifications or professional memberships or affiliations, including certified electronic copies of these documents.
- If applying for an exemption through mutual recognition, you must supply an electronic copy of the relevant statutory declaration (PDF 55KB).
- Details of any sources you require to use, including the activity of the source.
- Details of any apparatus you require to use.
- Information to allow you to complete the fit and proper person declaration
- Your payment details. The fastest and easiest way for an application to be processed is by credit card, which includes a surcharge of 0.4%.
Renew a Radiation User Licence
Existing licensees can also submit their renewal applications online up to 60 days after the expiry of their existing radiation user licence using eConnect EPA.
To complete an application to renew an existing radiation user licence you will need the following
- our licence number, licence expiry date and renewal code, which will all have been sent to you with your renewal notice
- your email details
- information to allow you to complete the fit and proper person declaration
- payment information
The email address must match the one attached to your licence in our licensing system. If the email address does not match the one in our licensing system you will not be able to renew your licence until you have contacted the EPA to confirm your new email address. If you need to change or vary your licence you will need to make those changes before you commence the renewal process.
Change contact details
You may now update your contact details online with eConnect. You will need to register to do this at the eConnect change details page where you be asked to provide us with your email address and your name. We will then email to you a code and a link to the change contact details page on eConnect.
When you enter the code and your licence number you will be able to change contact information such as address, phone number and email details.
The email address must match the one attached to your licence in our licensing system. If the email address does not match the one in our licensing system you will not be able to update your licence contact details until you have contacted the EPA to confirm your new email address.
If you wish to change information such as the name on the licence, a condition of licence or apparatus or substance information on the licence, you will need to apply in writing to vary your licence using the Application to Vary a User Licence to use regulated material in NSW (radioactive substances, radiation apparatus and sealed source devices) form (PDF 331KB).
If you experience any issues with your application or using eConnect EPA please contact us at email@example.com or on 02 9995 5959.
Information relating to radiation user licences is available on the radiation user licences page.