Protection of the Environment Operations (Waste) Regulation 2014
Notice of exemption granted under Part 9 in relation to waste tracking
By this notice the Environment Protection Authority (EPA) grants the following general exemption. The notice exempts the persons or classes of persons described herein from certain requirements in relation to the transportation and tracking of waste. The terms used in this notice have the same meaning as in the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 (the Act) and the Protection of the Environment Operations (Waste) Regulation 2014 (the Regulation).
- This exemption has effect from the date of publication and remains in force until 19 January 2025 or amended by a notice published in the Government Gazette.
- This exemption applies to Pasminco naturally immobilised waste referred to in Immobilised Contaminants Approval 2020/01 that is trackable waste.
- This exemption applies to such waste delivered by a householder; or collected from a householder.
- It exempts
- a consignor
- a transporter, and
- a receiver of waste to which this exemption applies from Part 4 of the Regulation, but only in so far as Part 4 applies by virtue of Clause 41(1)(a) of the Regulation.
- An exemption under this notice has effect only if the waste is transported to a place that can lawfully be used as a waste facility for that waste.
- A receiver is exempt under this notice only if the receiver complies with the following conditions and keeps a record of
- amount of waste received
- date on which the waste is delivered to the receiver.
This notice does not exempt any person or class of person from Part 4 of the Regulation in so far as Part 4 applies by virtue of clause 41(1)(b) of the Regulation.
- This notice does not exempt any person or class of person from any requirement under the Road and Rail Transport (Dangerous Goods) Act 1997 or the Regulations made under that Act.
Interstate movement of waste to which Part 3 applies
Dangerous Goods requirements
- Householder – person who owns, or rents, or lives in a house or tenement, and generates Pasminco Immobilised Waste.
- Pasminco naturally immobilised waste – Metallurgical furnace flue dust or metallurgical furnace flue dust impacted excavated materials or any mixture of those materials that is located at residential premises inside the Pasminco Lead Abatement Strategy (LAS) Area at Cockle Creek, NSW 2284 (Annexure A - Map).
Dated: 8 January 2020
Director Hazardous Materials, Chemicals and Radiation
(On behalf of the Environment Protection Authority)