Please note these resources are currently being revised and will be updated to reflect the UPSS Regulation amendment and transition of regulatory responsibility scheduled for 1 September 2019.
Best Practice Guidance
The best practice guide for environmental incident prevention and management helps UPSS owners and operators to prepare for and respond to leaks and spills in the event of an incident.
- The draft Practice Note – Managing run-off from service station forecourts (PDF 370KB). has been developed to provide guidance on preventing potentially polluted run-off escaping from service station forecourts.
UPSS Technical notes
These technical notes are advisory only.
- UPSS Technical Note: Site sensitivity assessment (PDF 164KB)
- UPSS Technical Note: Site validation reporting (PDF 234KB)
- UPSS Technical Note: Decommissioning, abandonment and removal of UPSS (PDF 162KB)
- Technical Note: Investigation of service station sites
- Best Practice Note: Landfarming
These guidelines were designed to assist persons responsible for UPSS to comply with the UPSS Regulation 2008 version (note that parts of this guideline are outdated. It is currently scheduled for review and update as part of the regulatory transition in 2019).