As specified in the UPSS Regulation (clause 19), an EPP must include
- specific information about the storage system, including identifying the 'person responsible' for the system
- a loss monitoring procedure for the system
- an incident management procedure (see spill actions outlined in the Best practice guide for environmental incident prevention and management (PDF 592KB) flip chart).
- details about system maintenance
- the current 'as built' drawings for the system
- a plan of the storage site.
- all buildings and associated infrastructure (above and below ground)
- all groundwater monitoring wells
- a copy of industry standards that have been followed in constructing and maintaining the UPSS
- a copy of the specifications adopted in the design, installation and operation of the UPSS
EPPs can be held electronically or in hardcopy form, either as a dedicated document or as part of other site management procedures. The plan of the storage site must also include information on site drainage and services.
For more information on EPPs contact the EPA on 131 555 or email UPSSREG@epa.nsw.gov.au