Category: Bushfire Recovery Programs
Amounts: Up to $45 million is available for Bushfire-Generated Green Waste.
- Funding Stream A – Data collection initiative
Provided a flat fee of $10,000 to assess and document the extent of bushfire-generated green waste within your jurisdiction. Additional funding of up to $20,000 per LGA will be considered in cases where:
(a) Councils received Stream A funding and the $10,000 was not sufficient to complete the assessment; or
(b) Councils did not receive Stream A funding and have still carried out a green waste assessment in order to apply for Stream B funding.
Applications for up to an additional $20,000 will be made through the Stream B application process and evidence of expenditure must be provided with the request.
Funding Stream B – Clean-up and processing grants
Grants between $20,000 and $3,000,000 to fund clean-up, processing and beneficial reuse of green waste generated by the 2019/20 bushfires.
Eligible bodies: NSW councils and other local government controlled organisations affected by the 2019–20 bushfires in NSW. Non-Government Organisations can apply on behalf of Councils, provided they have a partnership agreement in place.
Contact: 131 555 or email@example.com
Managed by: NSW Environment Protection Authority. This program is funded under the joint Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements.
The Bushfire-Generated Green Waste Grants program builds on the NSW Government commitment to deliver bushfire recovery assistance to help people and businesses impacted by bushfires. The program's objectives are to
- assess and document outstanding green waste generated by the 2019–20 bushfires
- manage the clean-up of outstanding green waste generated by the 2019–20 bushfires
- provide opportunities to beneficially reuse processed green waste products in bushfire-affected regions
- provide regional employment opportunities in bushfire-affected communities