Verde Terra Pty Ltd (the Company) made an application (the Application) to the Environment Protection Authority (EPA) to vary the Company’s Environment Protection Licence for the Company's landfill/waste disposal facility at Wiseman's Ferry Road, Mangrove Mountain (Site).
The grant of the Application would regulate the operation of the facility for a 10-year period and the operation of the facility would involve bringing to the Site and disposal of waste on the Site, the volume of which would not exceed the volume required to fill approximately 1.318 million m³ of space. The Application also involves substantial additional earthworks dealing with materials already on the Site. The proposed ultimate land use of the Site is as an 18 hole golf course. A complete description of the proposed variation to the licence is contained in the application documents.
The EPA has refused the Company's Application. The Company has appealed to the Land and Environment Court against that refusal. The Company has not made a separate application to Central Coast Council for development consent for these activities and seeks to rely on, amongst other things, an existing development consent DA23042/1998 (as varied).
The Land and Environment Court has directed that the EPA invite public submissions about the Application. All submissions provided to the EPA will be provided to the Court and the Company.
The Application that is now before the Court, and related documents, are available below.
The Application and related documents are also available for inspection at each of the following locations, during opening hours:
- the head office of the EPA at Level 14, 59-61 Goulburn Street, Sydney;
- the chambers of Central Coast Council at 49 Mann Street, Gosford; and
the chambers of Central Coast Council at 2 Hely Street, Wyong.
Submissions on the Application may be made to MMLSubmissions@epa.nsw.gov.au or to MML Submissions – Waste Branch, Environment Protection Authority, PO Box A290, Sydney South NSW 1232. The closing date for submissions is 20 December 2018.
The Court has also directed the Company to pay for the costs of the EPA of conducting this public submission process.
Application and related documents
- 1. Environment Protection Licence 11395 (PDF 145KB)
- 2. Verde Terra's application for variation of the EPL dated 2 August 2018 (PDF 1448KB)
- 3. Class 4 proceedings - Sealed Court Orders dated 29 August 2014 (PDF 1233KB)
- 4. Leachate Management Plan Feb 2014 Changed to 6m Mound reduction October 2017 (PDF 22684KB)
- 5. Landfill Environmental Management Plan 2013 Feb 2014 Amended October 2017 to Reduce Mound by 6m (PDF 19587KB)
- 6. LEMP Revised Figure E - Survey of Proposed Golf Course Final Form Contours (PDF 1731KB)
- 7. Detail Survey - Cell Z (PDF 260KB)
- 8. Quality Assurance Quality Control Plan (PDF 4197KB)
- 9. Soil and Water Management Plan (PDF 28512KB)
- 10. Surface and Groundwater Impact Assessment (PDF 401KB)
- 11. Subsurface Gas Monitoring Plan (PDF x1450KB)
- 12. Odour Management Plan during the excavation and relocation of material from the fill mound (PDF 74KB)
- 13. Hazardous Materials Management Plan for the excavation and relocation of material from the fill mound (PDF 81KB)
- 14. Fill Verification Monitoring Program - Non Licensed Area (PDF 80KB)
- 15. Cell W - Filling Plan (PDF 63KB)
- 16. Progressive Capping Plan (PDF 83KB)
- 17. Application for Approval, Remodelling of Golf Course, received by Council 19 March 1998 (PDF 1093KB)
- 18. Development consent - DA23042_1998 (PDF 5209KB)
- 19. Environmental Impact Statement, TGT Consulting, 14 October 1992 (PDF 30514KB)
- 20. Landfill Environmental Management Plan by Perram and Partners March 1997 (PDF 8185KB)
- 21. Application to modify development consent dated 6 September 2002 (PDF 1298KB)
- 22. Section 96 modification of the development consent dated 11 March 2003 (PDF 752KB)
- 23. Application to modify development consent received by Council 6 May 2008 (PDF 3620KB)
- 24. Letter to Council from Coastplan Consulting 17 September 2008 (PDF 633)
- 25. Email from Coastplan Consulting providing additional information 6 November 2008 (PDF 439KB)
- 26. Section 96 modification of the development consent dated 1 May 2009 (PDF 108KB)