Applications open: Council Regional Capacity Building Program
The contaminated land management Council Regional Capacity Building (CRCB) grant program provides grants of up to $140,000 per year for three years.
Grants are available for groups of three or more regional councils including Joint Organisations of Councils and Regional Organisations of Councils.
Applications are now open and the closing date is 5pm Friday 17 August 2018.
Groups of councils that meet the eligibility criteria will be provided with funding to employ a CRCB Officer. The officer can provide support for:
- developing contaminated land policies, procedures and registers
- reviewing existing contaminated land policies and procedures against the relevant legislation
- conducting workshops on the legal obligations and technical aspects of contaminated land management
- guiding and supporting planning officers on contaminated land issues
- assisting with the handover to councils of Underground Petroleum Storage Systems (UPSS) regulation in August 2019
Free assistance with applications is available to eligible applicants. The deadline for applying for assistance with the application process is Friday 27 July 2018.