For more information on the changes to the draft Protection of the Environment Operations (General) Regulation 2022, visit https://yoursay.epa.nsw.gov.au/.
Comments are now closed.
The EPA has completed a comprehensive review of the regulation. Proposed changes will improve the operation of the regulation and will clarify and simplify it. Changes to some scheduled activity definitions will level the playing field for those EPA licensees. The regulation will also improve the EPA’s cost recovery.
Draft changes to the POEO General Regulation include:
- introducing a cost recovery licence application fee and updating and indexing existing fees
- amending the definition of some scheduled activities in the POEO Act such as extractive activities, shipping in bulk, and marina and boat repairs, to ensure the EPA is regulating activities that warrant oversight
- changes to National Pollutant Inventory reporting requirements to capture the amount of NPI substances used each year
- clarifying pollution incident and response management plan requirements for licensees
- aligning thresholds for waste generation activities with the POEO Act.