About the EPA
The EPA is the primary environmental regulator for New South Wales. We have over 600 full time employees across located in offices across NSW.
Our vision is to have a healthy and thriving environment for the future.
Our employee career journey starts with living our values:
- be collegiate, be collaborative
- be creative, be curious
- be decisive, be bold
- be inclusive, be respectful
- be kind
- deliver results
We are EPA
At the EPA we are committed to our workforce, to developing our people and teams so they can make a difference for the environment, economies and communities. Our employee career journey starts with living our values, reinforcing our culture and delivering through our world class regulator characteristics.
We continuously develop to build and maintain trusted expertise in all relevant disciplines and operations
We articulate and are relentlessly accountable for clear outcomes that focus on the effective delivery of public value
Responsive and adaptive
We proactively listen, identify and respond to risks with contemporary tools, technology and data to reduce harm
Purpose and people-centred
We are fundamentally purpose driven and enable a people-centred culture to create a safe and great place to work
We work collaboratively with community, government, stakeholders and our people to influence and enable outcomes
Employees across the EPA from graduates and new starters to the more seasoned team players told us what sets the EPA apart from other employers. Their feedback and perspectives help attract other talented people like you to the EPA. Our story is founded on our world class regulator characteristics and our mission to create healthy environments, economies and communities so we can deliver together for the best living on the planet forever.
EPA people are energised by our purpose and focus on the environment. We are:
- purpose led, making a meaningful difference to the environment, economy and communities, delivering varied work and innovative outcomes.
- passionate and committed teams, who care, trust and collaborate to protect the environment and each other.
- people focused – we put people first, creating a culture where everyone can be themselves, respecting and developing our diverse skills and aspirations and prioritising our safety and wellbeing.
Sound like you?
We can offer flexible work options, we:
- make a variety of flexible work options available to the diverse range of employees and roles at EPA
- promote a cooperative workplace culture which embraces flexibility
- encourage flexible work arrangements to maintain or improve the services we provide for the people of NSW
- provide information and safeguards to protect you and the organisation when you’re working flexibly
Talk to us about what flexibility you will value.
- Competitive salary and annual leave loading, as well as the availability of flex leave.
- Leave entitlements including 14 weeks paid parental leave after 12 months of work, recreation leave of 20 days per year and study leave.
- Salary packaging and novated leasing.
- Health and wellbeing programs.
- Recognition – our Shine program recognises teams, individuals, and future leaders in delivering outstanding achievements and progress towards our aspiration as a world class regulator.