Reducing food waste at home
More than a third of all household waste is food. It is possible to prevent about 60% of this food waste with simple steps that also reduce your grocery bills.
Start by liking Love Food Hate Waste NSW on Facebook.
You can also
- plan your meals
- check what you have at home
- write a shopping list
- check use-by and best-before dates
- measure your serving sizes
- store your food right
- use your leftovers
Love Food Hate Waste at work
The EPA's Love Food Hate Waste program helps businesses and other organisations to better understand and prevent food waste, or donate unwanted good quality food to people in need.
- VIDEO: Case study: Your business is food, don’t throw it away - Rose and Crown Parramatta
To reduce food waste at your workplace
- get informed about the issue
- read case studies about other businesses
- read great tips for hospitality business, including cafes and restaurants
- read advice for retail businesses
- find resources for staff and customers
- use the Food donation toolkit, and donate good quality food to people in need
Become a partner
The EPA works in partnership with almost 300 organisations that deliver Love Food Hate Waste projects in their community.
Love Food Hate Waste partners include manufacturers, supermarkets, food retailers, the hospitality industry, food charities, local councils, industry bodies and community groups.
Love Food Hate Waste grants
The EPA's Love Food Hate Waste grants help organisations understand and prevent food waste. The next funding rounds are expected to open in October.