Draft protocol for asbestos waste
Developed in close consultation with industry, SafeWork NSW (formerly WorkCover), the Heads of Asbestos Coordination Authorities (HACA), technical experts and other government agencies, the draft protocol was open for consultation in 2014. Submissions are currently being considered.
Guidelines provide a consistent and environmentally responsible approach to managing landfills across NSW.
The Environment Protection Authority (EPA) has released the revised Environmental Guidelines: Solid Waste Landfills – Second Edition 2016.
E-Waste Transitional Package
Note: Funding for this package was completed in 2014; the information provided here is for reference purposes only.
Urban wood poultry bedding
- Urban Wood Poultry Bedding Specification (PDF 454KB)
- Quality Control Guideline PDF 1.56MB
- Case Study 1 (PDF 184KB)
- Case Study 2 (PDF 215KB)
Extended producer responsibility reports
Extended producer responsibility (EPR) is an environmental policy approach that extends a producer's responsibility for their product to the post-consumer stage of its life cycle.
- Extended Producer Responsibility Priority Statement 2010 (PDF 454KB)
- Extended Producer Responsibility Priority Statement 2007 (PDF 112KB)
- Priority Statement 2007 Public Consultation Report (PDF139KB)
- Extended Producer Responsibility Priority Statement 2005-06 (PDF 208KB)
- Extended Producer Responsibility Priority Statement 2004 (PDF 682KB)
- Report on the Extended Producer Responsibility Preliminary Consultation Program (PDF 399KB)
- Recycled organics publications about developing markets for recycled organics products and other related organics research.