- prohibit or restrict the use of a pesticide or a class of pesticide
- authorise the use or possession of a restricted pesticide
- state how the restricted pesticide can be used in NSW
The EPA issues pesticide control orders
- under Section 38 of the Pesticides Act 1999
- to implement an Australian Pesticides & Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) decision or policy following the review of a pesticide or a class of pesticides
Each pesticide control order commences on the date specified in the order. New PCOS are published in the NSW Government Gazette and details may also be advertised in certain newspapers.