Understand your litter problem
The 'Local litter check' helps you gather evidence about litter behaviour in your local area at sites such as parks, beaches and bus stops.
The kit steps you through key information you need to know such as
- What is littered?
- Who uses the area?
- What bins are present, and is the area clean?
By answering these questions, you can build a plan of action to tackle litter.
'Local litter check' resources
The 'Local litter check' kit includes easy-to-use survey sheets and forms for recording information.
Once your project is underway, use the 'Local litter check' to track your progress and measure your success.
Download the full kit by sections
- How to do a local litter check (PDF 2.9MB)
- Location Inspection report form (PDF 136KB)
- Litter count form (PDF 964KB)
- Location user survey with bins form (PDF 166KB)
- Location user survey without bins form (PDF 164KB)
- Results summary report form (PDF 1MB)
- Litter count volumetric calculator form (XLS 868KB)
- Introducing the Local Litter Check
- Preparation and location inspection
- Doing a litter count
- Location user survey
- Summary results