About the public register (POEO)
The public register under section 308 of the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 (the POEO Act) contains:
- environment protection licences
- applications for new licences and to transfer or vary existing licences
- environment protection and noise control notices
- penalty notices issued by the EPA
- convictions in prosecutions under the POEO Act
- the results of civil proceedings
- licence review information. Submissions regarding licence review can be made at any time
- exemptions from the provisions of the POEO Act or regulations
- approvals granted under clause 9 of the POEO (Control of Burning) Regulation
- approvals granted under clause 7A of the POEO (Clean Air) Regulation.
As a result of the Protection of the Environment Legislation Amendment Act 2011 (Amendment Act), the public register will be expanded to include the following from the 31 March 2012:
any mandatory audits required to be undertaken in relation to a licence
each pollution study required by a condition of a licence
each pollution reduction program required by a condition of a licence
each penalty notice issued in relation to a premises.
Click on the following link for information on NSW Forestry Agreements and IFOAs.
Page last updated: 18 June 2013