Bin Trim tool for reducing business waste
Bin Trim is a simple tool to help small and medium enterprises measure their business waste and work out how to waste less and save more.
Using Bin Trim will give your business:
- a profile of your current waste and recycling
- a tailored action plan to reduce your waste
- advice about reducing, re-using and recycling.
What types of waste does Bin Trim apply to?
Bin Trim can be used for all types of business waste including office waste, food waste, plastics and general mixed waste.
Trial the Bin Trim tool now
Bin Trim is designed for use in MS Excel 2003, 2007 and 2010. Bin Trim is not supported for use in Apple Mac versions of Excel.
Step 1: Download Bin Trim
- Download Bin Trim (ZIP 1.4MB).
- When you open the Excel file, depending on your operating system you may need to select 'Enable macros', ‘Enable editing’ or ‘Enable content’.
Step 2. Details
Follow the on-screen prompts. Enter your business details and information about what goes in your bin and what gets recycled.
Step 3. Waste survey
Complete a simple waste survey to find out the volume and types of materials you are throwing in your waste and recycling bins.
You can access this survey via the Bin Trim tool, or download the survey sheet separately: Bin Contents Survey Sheet (PDF 232KB).
Step 4. Bin Trim action plan
Select the materials you would like to include in your action plan to reduce waste and increase recycling.
What would you like to do next?
Page last updated: 25 May 2015