The EPA sees this new role as an opportunity to create more open dialogue with the community about how it regulates industry.
Public submissions and stakeholder consultation
The EPA proposes a range of legislation, policies and guidelines, as well as preparing reports and submissions that call for community involvement, engagement and consultation.
- Have your say on proposed legislation, policies and guidelines that are currently open for comment: visit the Have Your Say website.
- You can also visit the Public consultation archive to see previous community consultations.
Community consultation committees
Gas companies are required to be timely and transparent in their notification to the community about pollution incidents that impact the environment. Gas companies are also required to engage openly with the community about any associated risks from their activities, and how they are protecting the environment.
The EPA participates in industry consultative committees and also leads community consultation groups. Consultative groups in current gas activity areas include
- 6 December 2016: EPA and Narrabri community working together
The NSW Environment Protection Authority (EPA) and members of Narrabri's Community Consultation Committee (NCCC) participated in a consultative workshop on 8 November 2016 to consider ways of managing financial risk for environmental liabilities in the NSW gas sector.
- Narrabri CCC EPA Newsletter July 2017 (PDF 1MB)
- Narrabri CCC EPA Newsletter June 2017 (PDF 850KB)
- Narrabri CCC EPA Newsletter May 2017 (PDF 626KB)
- Narrabri CCC EPA Newsletter April 2017 (PDF 720KB)
- Narrabri CCC EPA Newsletter March 2017 (PDF 524KB)
- Narrabri CCC EPA Newsletter January and February 2017 (PDF 645KB)
- Narrabri CCC EPA Newsletter December 2016 (PDF 996KB)
- Narrabri CCC EPA Newsletter November 2016 (PDF 461KB)
- Narrabri CCC EPA Newsletter October 2016 (PDF 484KB)
- Narrabri CCC EPA Newsletter September 2016 (PDF 445KB)
- Narrabri CCC EPA Newsletter August 2016 (PDF 471KB)
- Narrabri CCC EPA Newsletter July 2016 (PDF 453KB)
- Narrabri CCC EPA Newsletter June 2016 (PDF 426KB)
- Narrabri CCC EPA Newsletter May 2016 (PDF 426KB)
- Narrabri CCC EPA Newsletter April 2016 (PDF 369KB)
- Narrabri CCC EPA Newsletter March 2016 (PDF 627KB)
- Narrabri CCC EPA Newsletter February 2016 (PDF 444KB)
Report any incidents or complaints regarding gas operations to the EPA's Environment Line on 131 555. This line operates 24 hours a day.
This includes incidents or complaints relating to environmental or human health matters such as air quality, water contamination, noise impacts and waste disposal. Note as many details of the incident as possible, including time, date, location, descriptions of the people involved, vehicles and number plates and anything else noticed.
If the incident presents an immediate threat to human health or property call 000 to report it immediately to emergency services.
Ask Environment Line is an online help centre offering answers to common questions about environmental issues or reporting pollution.